One of the most challenging aspects of being a smart hockey fan is navigating through the 560-page legal behemoth known as the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
In an attempt to pick up where legendary hockey resource CapGeek.com left off, I’ll be populating this section with the most commonly asked questions I receive on the CBA and salary cap.
Don’t see your question answered on a page below?
Feel free to submit it (with as much detail as possible) via our Contact page.
Frequently Asked CBA Questions:
- What is the NHL salary cap ceiling and floor?
- How do buried contracts work?
- What is the minimum NHL salary?
- How do entry-level contracts slide?
- How is player age calculated?
- How do 35 and older contracts differ?
- How do retained salary trades work?
- Do players still get paid in the playoffs?
- How will Auston Matthews free agent status be impacted by playing overseas?